Tuesday, September 21, 2010 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

Adopt and Adapt

It has been wonderful traveling this month visiting family and friends. Seeing how those you love from a distance, live in their everyday lives.  Noticing their habits, the traditions they are  creating and  just watching carve out a life for themselves is quite interesting.
The way people live has always been fascinating to me.  I love seeing how we are similar as well as seeing how we are different.
 I have always been one to adopt the habits of others that I admire. It was something that I started to do many years ago. You often find people who are jealous of others because of the way  they live, better yet their perception of how they live. I have always been one to adopt the habits or traditions that I find pleasing and adapt it to my life. Jealousy is such a waste of time and energy. My mother taught me years ago to never desire and definitely not covet what you see in others, because you have no idea what they do or have to go through to maintain. My method has always been to adopt and adapt, and most of all compliment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment