Friday, April 3, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

March 29th - My Birthday



Well I am another year older, March 29th was my birthday. I had already planned a road trip for my birthday, but couldn't go until the weekend of April 10th. I am going to have four days to drive up Pacific Coast Hwy from Los Angeles to San Francisco, which I hear is an absolutely beautiful drive. I am really looking forward to it all. Fortunate enough I was off on my birthday and so I decided to drive out to Santa Monica. I fell in love with Santa Monica the moment I came to live in California. There are a few areas there together, Venice is just a little further down Ocean Ave. and then there is also Marina Del Rey.
I had read some time ago that about this gentleman named Abbot Kinney who is considered the father of Venice, California. He had a dream of making the area "Venice of America", patterned after Venice, Italy along with canals, gondolas, a pier and ferris wheel.
I am not that happy with the photos that was taken that day and intend to go back at different times of day and night until I get the shots that I am happy with.


0 comments:

Post a Comment