Monday, August 24, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

The Rachel Zoe Project and My Daughter


I just watched the first episode of the new season of The Rachel Zoe Project tonight and it is quite interesting. My daughter is in love with Rahel Zoe and also wants to be a stylist. She is not necessarily interested in being a stylist to the stars, even though it is quite lucrative. Her interests mostly lie within styling for photographers, sitcoms (TV), and/or costumes for the stage. She is not quite sure which direction she will take.
The amazing thing is that I don't watch reality TV, actually I don't watch much TV at all.
Now I am watching Rachel Zoe and Project Runway, all at the direction of my daughter. Whitney and I have a great relationship, and she is my baby and I want to and will support her in anything positive that she is interested in doing in her life. So I have been watching these shows and reading everything that interest her, so I will know how to support her.

I realize that the world of fashion is extremely chaotic, and it makes me anxious just watching it.

My daughter has always wanted to work behind the scenes. Years ago she thought of being a videographer and wanted to do music videos. A little while back she decided that she wanted to be in the fashion industry, again behind the scenes. This time she wants to dress those in the videos. I am really proud of her growth, because I can really see her doing this and loving it.

Kudos to you Whitney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment