Saturday, May 15, 2010 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

Why Here?


It always amaze me where we build houses. Anywhere and everywhere. So much of nature is destroyed to build houses and shopping malls and I can't understand why. How many shopping areas do we need?

This is a photograph of a house built on the side of a hill, right off of Ventura Blvd. Many houses here are built high on mountains, hanging off of a hill, or deep in a valley. Most often it just takes away from the natural beauty of the area, because now there will be utility wires needed to supply the newly developed area.

I was talking to a woman on the Metro the other day and she said that she was from northern California but have been in Los Angeles for over 20 years, and she told me how much it has changed. How many of the parks have been destroyed to build more and more subdivisions and shopping centers. I still think that California is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever lived, but it is not too many locals that agree. I will say that the shopping here is more than I have seen anywhere. I often wonder how these stores make it financially year after year, but somehow they do. The recent economy disaster has devastated many, but there is so much more that is withstanding this disaster. I do enjoy the fact that there are so many choices, but it can be quite overwhelming. Loving it just the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment