Thursday, February 19, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

Food and Fitness

It has been some time since I have posted anything here. I have been working a great deal lately so everything has been put on the back burner. I am going to try to do better because I do enjoy writing this blog as well as the others.

Lately I have been doing research on eating well. I have always been a pretty good eater and love good food, but I have been trying to learn the right foods to eat to give my aging body what it needs to stay healthy. Learning the right combinations of foods as well as the healthiest way to prepare these foods. I have also started juicing and it has made a great deal of difference in how I feel daily. It is mostly trial and error to find out how often to juice and what to juice. Your body will tell you what works for sure if you pay attention.
I have also started a yoga program, but have not been doing this part as often as I would like to. I am steadily trying to work all of this around my work schedule, which has increased. Again, this is all trial and error. I have even gone to a Chinese herbalist to help with the symptoms of perimenopause, and I must say that it has been quite helpful. All of this is a process, so I am trying to take the time to learn what works for me and what does not. I really want to incorporate this all into my daily life in order to make it a permanent part of my routine. This is why I am doing just a little at a time.
I have discovered some really good recipes on line for various foods as well as juicing. This has been a great deal of fun, and I will keep you posted on what I learn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment