Friday, February 20, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

My Bike Ride

Today I decided that I was going to get back on my bicycle and start working out again. I had it tuned up at the bike shop and took it for a test ride the other day and I was ready. It was a great to feel the sun and wind on my face. I decided to take on the bike path that is near my house and one of the stops along the trail is a place called Lake Balboa. I decided today I was going to ride through this park and it was beautiful. At one point I took a wrong turn after passing the golf course and ended up in an area where there was a flyers club. I first hear all of this buzzing above my head after looking up, I immediately thought there were kids with some remote control air planes, then I saw the flyers club sign and saw a scattered group of middle age men. They were the ones flying the planes and they looked really happy with themselves. This was the moment that I wished I had my camera, but of course I didn't. It still amazes me that people are still fascinated with the simple things in life.
I remember my Uncle Smithy who loved playing golf more than anything. I never understood the fascination with hitting a little ball and being out in the middle of no where. It was not until I sponsored a corporate golf tournament and was out on the green driving the golf cart that I got it. Being one with nature was so hypnotizing. It was not the hitting the ball alone , but where you were while hitting the ball. In the middle of green grass, beautiful trees, birds singing and the Peace, this was all addictive. Needless to say I started playing golf, and I even have my Uncle's clubs now that he is teeing off on the big green in the sky. It is definitely a game that requires a great deal of patience, not to mention a little bit of money. I have not played in awhile now, but I still have his clubs and can go and enjoy this game with a friend that is in love with golf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment