Saturday, September 5, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

True Friendship is one of God's Greatest Gifts

As we get older hopefully we learn what a true friend really is. I use to be a person that was extremely social, but now it is different. I am more of a loner these days. I have always been a bit of a loner to some degree, probably because I am an only child. As a child I use to crave the company of large families. These days, I am not only more of a loner, but even more of an introvert. This is a change in my personality that I would have never imagined.

A few days ago I discovered that I am going to have to undergo some major surgery and after talking to my mother, who was the first person I called, I called my girlfriend in Chicago. With no hesitation she said to me that she had some time to take at work, and she would come out to California when I have surgery. I was hoping that she would, but she offered with no hesitation, and I immediately realized how blessed I am to have a friend that would travel so far, to care for me.
We have been friends for thirty years. Wow that is forever. I remember a time that I thought thirty was middle age.

I guess the day will come when my friend and I will be plucking each other's chin hairs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment