Saturday, December 26, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

Sighting - Jermaine Jackson and Ray J

Thought I would go to the mall to see if I could get a last minute deal on something wonderful. I did, but it was not what I expected. I ended up buying something for my skin. The mall was really crowded today as you would expect. Even though it has been reported that the stores were not as full today as in the past years. Maybe they were not talking about the one in Woodland Hills. They had a great deal of sales of course, but I was looking for that one thing that just jumped out at me and was such a great price. I didn't see anything like that. I am trying to gussy up my fashion accessories, and was really looking for things like, jewelry, scarves, hats, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything that was screaming to go home with me.

I did see Jermaine Jackson and his wife standing in line around the Coffee Bean kiosk. He didn't see me at first but she was looking directly at me. I thought of taking out my cell phone and taking a picture, but decided against it, and just moved on through the food court. I saw him again as I was walking toward the upward escalator and he and his wife were coming down. This time he was looking right at me through his aviator glasses and I waved at him and he waved back and flashed that beautiful Jackson smile.

Jermaine is my least favorite of the Jackson's but it was good to see him out and about. If I had seen him 25 years ago, I would have been spellbound, but I guess from being older as well as living in Los Angeles, right around the corner from the Jackson compound, I am not star struck. I see celebrities all of the time and realize that they are just like you and I.
I am always asked if I ever get their autographs, but I don't because when I see them they are usually with their families and I am really respectful of their privacy and their family time. I usually always speak to them though, and they always respond in a friendly manner. That is enough for me.

Since my daughter was with me she got the thrill, even though she knows nothing about growing up with the Jackson 5, but she also saw Ray J, who is in her generation, pass right by her while he was of course talking on the cell phone. I think that we both spotted him at the same time.

I live in San Fernando Valley where a great deal of celebrities live, so I see them all of the time, and it is always good to see them doing their thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment