Friday, December 18, 2009 | By: Tonya Keitt Kalule

Your Adult Children

It is a great feeling to see your kids grow into adults and make good decisions for their life. For a great deal of parents that is not the case and have to constantly worry about their children and their choices. Some of these situations are more traumatic than others. My daughter is not a perfect child, but she has definitely been a good one. One would like to think it is due to good parenting, and most often it is, but there are times when one is parented well and still make bad decisions. Decisions that potentially devastate their lives and rob them of their youth.

When you do have a child that turns out healthy and emotionally stable then you are truly blessed as a parent. It is definitely the hardest job that I ever had, but it has been the most rewarding one.
My daughter is about to graduate from college and for that accomplishment I am grateful. During the time of her college days, that are not quite over, she still made me proud. No the grades were not always her absolute best and there were trying times with her walking the line in making decisions for her life. I also remember those times and they are probably the hardest that I ever had to go through. Those are the years when you are growing into your own and those growing pains can be debilitating. You are faced with so many roads to take and you just don't know which one is right for you. I believe that is mostly because you don't know yourself well enough to know what it is you want and that is frustrating in its own right. Through it all she continues to surprise me and make me proud.

My daughter is now a woman and that is hard for a mother, knowing that your influence on your child is not as strong as it once was. And then you are surprised, because you realize that your voice is now in their head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment